Thursday, April 17, 2014

Leprechaun Treasure Hunt

Leprechaun Treasure Hunt
By N.M.- Second Grade

"Ohhh!" A leprechaun was moving to a different cave. He finally found an enormous enough cave to hold all of his sparkling gems, jewels, gold, and crystals. He started to work. He pushed all the sparkly stuff in the wall. He worked and worked until he was hot, tired, and was absolutely exhausted. He fell into a giant sleep.

Now this rich guy had three sisters. Their names were Trixie, Clover, And Goldy. The sisters were collecting four=leaf clovers in the emerald forests to make clothes. Clover was the one who was going to sew the green clothes. THe other girls collected more four-leaf clovers.

When that job was done they started picking delicious fruits, berries, and vegetables. Trixie was awesome at cooking. For dinner she would make clover soup. For dessert she would make clover fruit ice cream. For that she had to climb the fruit trees. She climbed a tree. She walked to the end of the branches where the yummy fruit was hanging. That fruit was especially special because there were four-leaf clovers on the clover drawn on the fruit.

As shes tepped to pick the fruit her foot got stuck in the branch. Then she noticed a rope around her foot! It was a trap that Ailatan had set for one of the girls to get trapped. "Help!" Trixie yelled. The other two girls didn't know how to climb trees.

Suddenly I galloped by. I didn't notice any of them but then I heard a loud, "Excuse me!" I was absolutely perplesed. I glanced around. I finally saw a red face on the tree. It was Trixie! She was frightened by my face and I was frightened by hers since it was as red as an apple. But then I heard a crying sound. It was Trixie. It was Trixie's first time crying. That's when I noticed that she was in a pretty big problem.

"I can help." I said. "I know how to climb trees and I have scissors in my backpack that I can cut the rope with." "Okay!" Said Trixie in a trembling voice. I climbed up the tree and cut the rope. "Cut, cut."

WHen we got to the ground Trixie said, "I was supposed to trick Ailatan, not be tricked by him." "Who is Ailatan?" I asked. "He is the shadow of a thoughtful girl." answered Trixie. "Hey, that's the reverse way of my name, Natalia! Ailatan is my name backwards!" "That means that you are the girl that is marvelous!" Trixie beamed. "I never knew I had an unpleasant shadow." I said. "Well, you do."

After some talking we started for the cave. When we got to the cave we found that Lucky the rich leprechaun was sleeping. We heard loud snoring. We were waking him up because we thought he was lazy and didn't push the gems in the walls of the cave. "Aaah!" Lucky yawned as we finally woke him up. "You lazy leprechaun." "why am I lazy?" Lucky asked. "Because you didn't do your work in the cave." "really, I did my work. I'm really honest about it. I did the work." "Okay, okay...hey where did all the gems go?" Sure enough all the gems were gone!

"I think it is Ailatan who did the stealing so it's time for a treasure hunt." I said. I picked out some stuff for the trip. I picked a magnifying glass, a flashlight, a snack, and a map. I put the things in my backpack and started for the door. The hunt was on!

Suddenly and enormous truck came by. "How are we going to follow it?" There were two handles and we held on while the truck was driving. We spied something sparkling in the truck. "Hey, what's that I spied in the truck?" It was the gems! "Pull, pull as hard as you can!"

When we finally were done pulling the truck came to a halt. Someone got out of the truck. "That's Ailatan." Trixie whispered. Ailatan headed for the open doors. "WHy are the leprechauns all over my fancy car?" Ailatan shouted.

The wicked shadow grabbed ahold of Goldy. "Aaah!' Goldy shriekded. I took out my scissors and started scratching him with the tips of my scissors! "Ouch!" the awfully rotten shrieking hurt my ears as I pulled Goldy out of his arms. "You can't take my friend away!" I yelled!

I climbed into the car seat and drove my friends safely back to their cave along with the gems.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment